Lapostolle Grand Selection Merlot

Valle del Rapel is located in the central part of Chile. It exhibits a semi-arid Mediterranean climate with warm and dry days and pleasantly cool nights during the growing season, as a result of cold breezes coming from the Andes. Rapel has also a cool influence from the Pacific’s Humboldt Current, which lowers temperatures in the coastal areas of the valley. This leads to warm days with ample sunlight and dry conditions, allowing a slow ripening period and maintain its natural acidity that is a characteristic of this elegant Merlot.

Certified Carbon Neutral.

For more info, visit Lapostolle website.

VARIETALS
86% Merlot, 12% Syrah, 2% Petit Verdot

VINTAGE
2017

Download Tasting Note

Categories: , , SKU: CH41 Tags:

Description

TECHNICAL DATA
Alcohol 13.5%
Residual sugar 4.09 g/l
Total acidity 5.25 g/l
pH 3.58

APPEARANCE
Clean burgundy color with cherry hues.

NOSE
Expressive nose of red and black fruit such as blackberry along with fresh aromas such as thym and black pepper.

PALATE
Medium body with a good fruit expression.
Good balance among components.

AGEING
After maceration, 55% of the blend was aged in French oak barrels for 5 months. The rest 45% was aged in stainless steel tanks.

PAIRING
The ideal companion for pastas with red sauces, marinated pork and grilled red meat well seasoned.

READINESS FOR DRINKING
Drinks now.

RATINGS

92pts 

Additional information

Vintage

Grape

, ,

Producer

Style

Types