M. Chapoutier Invitare Condrieu

The story began with Michel Chapoutier, a unique man with a thirst for knowledge, definitely one of a kind. He seeks to discover and reflect the full potential of his terroirs and let the soils express their true character.
This now forms the basis of the M. CHAPOUTIER ethos to reveal the very best of what the soils have to offer.

The Prestige line is M.Chapoutier’s heritage, representing classic Grands Crus signed Maison M. CHAPOUTIER and representative of their appellations in the Rhône Valley.

For more info, visit M. Chapoutier website.

VARIETALS
100% Viognier

VINTAGE
2017

 Download Tasting Note

Categories: , , SKU: FR408 Tag:

Description

TECHNICAL DATA
Alcohol 14%

APPEARANCE
Deep gold, golden yellow with green lights.

NOSE
Very fruity and exotic nose of pineapple, lychee, apricot, peach and acacia blossom.

PALATE
Round, full, good length in the mouth with a final of vanilla.

AGEING
Short ageing on the lees of around 8 months to preserve freshness.
Ageing is carried out in wood to give the wine complexity.
15% of the wine is aged in new barrels while the remaining 85% is aged in demi-muids used for one to two vintages.

PAIRING
Seafood of all types, sushi, sashimi, oysters, clams, and particularly lobster. Chicken, pork, veal, vegetables and all cheeses also make great pairings with Condrieu.

READINESS FOR DRINKING
Drink now or for the next 5 years.

RATINGS

93pts

92pts

16.5/20pts

Additional information

Vintage

Grape

Producer

Style

Types